Black Girl Sunscreen
Sunscreen SPF 30
Sunscreen Made by Women of Color for People of Color
We get sunburned too! BGS has created a sunscreen for every day use and filled with natural ingredients that will protect your skin from the sun and doubles as a moisturizing lotion. It dries completely clear so it’s perfect to use before any outdoor activity or even under your favorite makeup products.
BGS protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure reapply; after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying and at least every 2 hours for Sun Protection Measures. Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures, including:
Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Children under 6 months: Ask a doctor.
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.75%. Inactive Ingredients: Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylphthalimide, Carbomer, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Helianthus Anuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Isopropylphthalimide, Lecithin, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitan Oleate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water.
Black Girl Sunscreen was created by Shontay Lundy, an avid hiker, beachgoer and outdoor yoga enthusiast. Lundy wanted to enjoy these pursuits whiile protecting her skin. Black Girl Sunscreen was borne from a need for a product that offered broad-spectrum sun protection and blended beautifully with dark skin tones-- instead of leaving a white residue. The goal of this company is to allow people of all shades to enjoy the sun while being skin smart.
Because BGS cares about your skin, it is infused with naturally-derived ingredients. Being Oxybenzone and Octinoxate free means you won’t have to worry about toxic ingredients disrupting your hormones, nor the environment.
- Avocado moisturizes, reduces signs of aging, and treats sunburns. Containing vitamin E and antioxidants is what makes avocado one of the hottest trends in the natural skin care industry. Not only using avocado oil, but eating avocado on a weekly basis can be very beneficial and necessary for your skin.
- Jojoba soothes and moisturizes the skin leaving it flawless while preventing acne. Hydrating your skin is crucial to skin health and prevents wrinkles and fine lines.
- Cacao provides powerful anti-oxidants and evens out the complexion of your skin for a smooth, consistent skin tone.
- Carrot Juice contains vitamin C which enables it to promote healing and even boost the level of melanin in the skin. Carrot juice has been known to even out acne breakouts too.
- Sun Flower Oil prevents skin irritation from sunburn and other skin irritants. This nutrient-rich oil provides inflammation relief as well.