Aloe Vera Gel
Suitable for all skin and hair types.Vegan & Vegetarian friendly
Amazing ways to use Aloe Vera Gel:
- Tame frizzy curls prior to air drying. Aloe is used in so many off-the-shelf-conditioners, but most are silicone-based. However, the consistency of our Aloe Vera Gel makes it easy to apply and coat your curls. In addition to this, the pH of our Aloe Vera Gel is naturally slightly acidic, which can help seal the hair cuticle making it easy to manipulate.
- For shaving your legs. Aloe Vera has been sited by the World Health Organization (WHO) for its natural anti-inflammatory properties. This is partly due to two compounds C-glucosyl chromone and Lupeol, one of the sterol compounds found in Aloe Vera. Both have proven to be effective at reducing inflammation. So even on the most sensitive of skin this stuff works like a charm.
- As an effective topical treatment for razor burn or stubble burn. Slather it on after a shower, then again before bed.
- Perfect oil-free moisturizer, especially if you’re acne-prone. Studies have indicated that Aloe Vera is an effective humectant because it increases water retention in the skin. Aloe Vera also contains anti-oxidants in the form of vitamins A, C, E, and enzymes that can help soothe inflammation and irritation.
- On dry hair and scalp to promote healthy hair growth. Apply a small amount of Aloe Vera Gel to your hands after shampooing. Then scrunch it into your wet hair. Or use Aloe Vera on those areas, of your scalp, that need a little extra attention. The natural enzymes in Aloe Vera will loosen those skin clogging cells. Leaving the Aloe Vera nutrients to get to work promoting healthy hair growth. So all you’re left with is a soothingly moist scalp and strong hair.
- To help heal infections and soothe burns, due to the anti-bacterial properties within Aloe Vera.
- As a face and/or hair mask. Do you love DIY beauty regimes? Then here’s one for you. Combine two parts Aloe Vera Gel, one part honey with two parts Bentonite and a teaspoon of Organic Virgin Argan Oil. Mix together until it forms a thick, almost cake mix consistency. Apply to freshly washed hair and/or skin. Allow it to work its magic for about 15 minutes. Then rinse with warm water. You may need to adjust the recipe slightly to suit you.
Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe Barbadesis Leaf Juice), Guar Gum (Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba), Vegetable Glycerin (Glycerin), Potassium Sorbate and Benzoic Acid.
Behind The Brand
Anita Grant, the beauty brand, was founded by its namesake Anita Grant. This UK based brand is a go to for natural hair and skin care products. It all started in 2005 with Anita mixing her own beauty products. She stopped straightening her hair with harsh chemicals, and began her journey from bone-straight relaxed hair to a natural fluffy Afro.
The ingredients used are purchased directly from farming communities, partnerships Anita has built with fair trade and organic suppliers. She works closely with her cosmetic chemist to create deep conditioners, shampoo bars, leave-ins, cleansers, hair and body oils.
All of the Anita Grant goodies are cruelty-free, handmade, fresh to order from the UK.