White Jade Gua Sha
Clearing. Lifting. Tightening
Known as the "Eastern Botox" or "Eastern Face Lift" for its ability to combat signs of aging like fine lines and sagging. If you are looking for something more aggressive in anti-aging, this is your tool. Gua Sha benefits include:
Moves toxins out of the face and down into the lymph nodes
Tighten and tone skin
Minimize dark circles
Hit pressure points & relax facial muscle & relieve tension
Reduce symptoms related to sensitive and problematic skin
Known to release jaw tension & alleviate symptoms of TMJ
1. Prep: Apply your facial oil, serum or moisturizer to freshly cleansed skin to provide proper slip + infuse nutrients into skin.
2. Pressure: Always use light pressure. You can incorporate more medium/firm pressure on specific areas where you carry more tension to relieve stagnation (shoulders, jaw, etc).
3. Pull: Use a 15-degree angle (about a finger’s width between the skin + stone) and support skin with the opposite hand (especially under the delicate eye area!).
4. Placement: Avoid active acne breakouts and work around inflammation instead of directly over it to stimulate healing. Wiggle stone slightly at the end of each step to stimulate flow and release tension.
5. Commit: Even if you only have 5 minutes or less, follow the neck sequence to open up pathways + promote lymph drainage.
High quality genuine white jade.
Living in Italy the past few years, founder Mia Chae Reddy, PhD., got to experience beauty in new ways. The laissez faire attitude of French women, clean minimal approach of Scandi women & the colorful but simple beauty of Italian women was totally inspiring. The natural, home remedies and time-tested beauty secrets of women across the pond felt validating.
And then there was Morocco. Morocco blew her mind. She met an herbalist there whose pharmacy has been in his family for over a century. She fell in love with the way their beauty rituals were closely connected to the land and nature. So simple yet so advanced. 1,200 year-old beauty rituals imbued with simplicity.
Witnessing the pared-down routines of other women around the world was refreshing. She knew there had to be other women back home who felt like her: women who loved the idea of a luxuriously complicated regimen but secretly desired one that is every bit effortless as it is powerful. There is just something really alluring about reaching the final result in like, 7 less steps.
So, out of her love for time-tested Moroccan beauty rituals, sexy French girls who splash rose water on their faces and go and her desire to uncomplicate her beauty ritual, Dehiya Beauty was born. It's a nod to grandma's multi-tasking creams, a conjuring of ancestral beauty secrets and a return to simple beauty. Hope you find it as liberating as we do.
Curved divets: Hug bones such as spine, jaw + brow.
Longer/smooth edge: Sweep across larger areas of the neck and face such as throat, cheeks and forehead.
Teeth/comb edge: Create light friction movements across visible signs of aging such as fine lines and discoloration.
Points: Gently apply pressure a wiggle to release jaw and other areas that carry tension like back of neck.